Algernon Tutorial 1.f
Note: Except for symbols starting with a ':', all
symbols you type in are case-sensitive. Symbols starting
with a ':' will always be turned into all-uppercase symbols.
Whether the KBMS is case-sensitive depends on the KBMS.
- Variables start with a question mark, e.g. ?length
- A variable acquires a type the first time it is used.
- A variable must be bound before it is used in an assertion.
- The scope of a variable is the path it is defined in.
- Generally, (relation object value)
- In a frame-based system, (slot frame value)
- In general, an unbound variable may not be used as the relation
or object argument. There are exceptions for certain Algernon macros.
- A path is a sequence of clauses.
Author: Micheal Hewett
Last Updated: Monday, June 06, 2005